Tape works - Rebecca Ward

Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 by SixSevenEightNine in Labels:










































































Texan artist Rebecca Ward works with coloured duct tape for her
beautiful installations of lines and space.
From her artists' statement:
My installations are site-specific works dependent upon the space they
occupy. Utilizing existing lines, beams, and angles, each piece I
create is informed by the individual site and its unique linear
movement. Thus, my installations are inherently architectural. I
choose patterns and shapes according to detailed measurements of the
installation site. Ideally these patterns are numerically symmetrical
or somehow numerically balanced, producing a dialogue between line and
space. I initially began working with tape because of the broad range
of colors in which it is available. Additionally, I have always been
drawn to its unique textural qualities.


Via Rebecca Ward...


0 comment(s) to... “Tape works - Rebecca Ward”

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join us